Saturday, October 6, 2012

Carving the Turkey

It's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, the time when we all go comatose from all the Turkey we gobble down.  To celebrate I thought it would be fun to carve my last foam pumpkin to celebrate. 

If you have been following my previous posts you would know that I picked up 2 foam pumpkins from a year sale and already carved one, which I found surprisingly easy.  I wanted to up the challenge for the second one so I selected the Harvest Turkey pattern from ZombiePumpkins.  I know I mention them a lot on my blog, and no I'm getting paid to endource the site, I just love the patterns and attention to detail that Ryan puts into everything from the patterns, to the site design.

This was was more difficult to carve due to the fact that there were so many more holes to cut.  It took me 2 evenings, due to the fact I have Toddlers to chase which made it harder to do in one sitting.

I used a craft knife live my last venture, I think I'm going to get a pencil grip to slide on the handle so my hands don't hurt too much when I'm done. 

I've been asked where I thought the pumpkins might have originally been sold from, my best guess would be Michaels craft store.  The wall are fairly thin with uniform consistancy.  Funkins sells pumpkins as well but I've heard the thickness can vary and is a bit thicker.

Anyway here is the final product, I hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving long weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment