Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Foam Pumpkin Plans

If any of you have met me in person the one thing you know for sure is that I'm absolutely, insanely, head over heals, in love with Halloween.  So when I saw these pumpkins at a yard sale I knew they had to be mine.

I have been wanting to try my hand at carving foam pumpkins for a while now but was too afraid of spending a bunch of money on a pumpkin just to ruin it, So finding these for $2.00 each was a steal.

I'm a dedicated member of the webite and forum Zombie Pumpkins which was created and is run by Ryan Wickstrand.  This site is amazing and if you are into carving pumpkins or just Halloween in general I recommend you check out this site.  There are great tips on carving, both real and foam pumpkins and everyone on the forum is willing to share their ideas and techniques.

I'm hoping to try to pick out two patterns for my first time and once I'm done I"ll post what techniques I tried and my overall experience of carving foam.  Stay Tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment